12 disciples jesus
3857 best questions for 12 disciples jesus
We've collected 3857 best questions in the «12 disciples jesus» category so you can quickly find the answer to your question!
- Top video from 12 disciples jesus
- Top 3837 questions for 12 disciples jesus
- 40 related categories
Those interested in the 12 disciples jesus category often ask the following questions:
❔ Who were the 12 disciples of jesus?
- Peter. Also known as Simon, Simon Peter, or Cephas (Rock), Peter was a gregarious, natural leader, and an obvious spokesperson for the twelve. Peter's name is mentioned far more in the New Testament than any other of the disciples. He was the older of the two brothers and the only married disciple. ( Luke 4:38) His wife was...
- What are some facts about jesus' 12 disciples?
- What happened to the original 12 disciples of jesus?
- Why did jesus recruit disciples?
❔ Was matthew one of jesus' 12 disciples?
Yes, Matthew was one of Jesus' twelve disciples. Later in the second century, he was also attributed with writing one of the hitherto gospels, now known as Matthew's Gospel, although modern biblical scholars say that the Gospel could not have been written by a disciple.
- What did jesus disciples do?
- What jesus taught his disciples?
- Why are there only 10 and not 12 disciples and jesus is even one of those 10 disciples?
❔ What stories are jesus 12 disciples in?
trying fine the 12 disciples of jesus in the bible
- Before the 12 disciples were disciples what jobs did they do?
- How many disciples walked with jesus?
- Why did jesus chose the disciples?
❔ What are some facts about jesus' 12 disciples?
- Fascinating Facts About The Twelve Disciples Men Of Ordinary Means. The twelve disciples were men of ordinary means, working as a fisherman, a tax collector, and a revolutionary among other occupations and they experienced much hardship, ... The Twelve Disciples As Saints… Prayers Invoking The Assistance Of The Disciples…
- Did all twelve disciples betray jesus?
- Where did jesus teach his disciples?
- What did jesus teach the disciples?
❔ What happened to the original 12 disciples of jesus?
- Many wonder how the 12 apostles died, but The New Testament tells of the fate of only two of the apostles: Judas, who betrayed Jesus and then went out and hanged himself, and James the son of Zebedee, who was executed by Herod about 44 AD ( Acts 12:2 ). Read how each of the apostles spread out to minister and evangelize and how many of the apostles died for their faith.
- How did jesus teach the disciples?
- When did jesus choose his disciples?
- When did jesus call his disciples?
Top video from 12 disciples jesus
We’ve collected for you several video answers to questions from the «12 disciples jesus» category:
Video answer: Why did jesus breathe on his disciples?
Video answer: How did the disciples apostles died? | what happened to the apostles disciples
Video answer: Teach us to pray! || powerful lessons from the prayer life of jesus
Video answer: Why did jesus breathe on his disciples?
Top 3837 questions from 12 disciples jesus
We’ve collected for you 3837 similar questions from the «12 disciples jesus» category:
Who wasn't jewish amongst the 12 disciples?
All of Jesus' twelve chosen disciples were Jews. There was one "non-Jew" significant among the writers of the Bible; Luke, the author of the third gospel and the book of Acts.
Were all the disciples of jesus jews?
All of Jesus's original disciples were Jews. However, Peter and Paul made the decision to preach to Gentiles after Jesus's death which is when we start seeing non-Jewish believers in the Christ.
Why did jesus want to have disciples?
because he wanted them to be with him and also so he could send them to preach his word
When did jesus wash his disciples' feet?
In John's Gospel, Jesus washed the feet of the disciples on the evening before his crucifixion. For John, this was the day before the Jewish Passover feast.
Were the evangelists also disciples of jesus?
The authors of the four New Testament gospels are collectively known as the evangelists. However, the gospels were originally anonymous and were only attributed to the apostles whose names they now bear, later in the second century. Thus, by tradition, the authors of Matthew's Gospel and John's Gospel are regarded as disciples of Jesus, while the authors of Mark and Luke, while important apostles, were not original disciples.However, scholars say that none of the evangelists could have been an eyewitness to the events described, and therefore none of the evangelists was among the disciples of Jesus. We do not know who the gospel authors were.
What is the name of jesus disciples?
When morning came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them, whom he also designated apostles: Simon (whom he named Peter), his brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Simon who was called the Zealot, Judas son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a ...
How many disciples did jesus send out?
In Luke 9:1-2 Jesus sent out twelve disciples, and then a second group of seventy were sent out in Luke 10.
Did jesus have two disciples name judas?
Yes. In addition to Judas Iscariot (who betrayed Jesus), Thaddeus was also known as Lebbaeus and "Judas the brother of James" (Luke 16:16; John 14:22, Acts 1:13).
When did jesus breathe on his disciples?
In John's Gospel, Jesus breathed on the disciples on the evening of the day of his resurrection, giving them the Holy Spirit. The synoptic gospels do not have this episode, and Acts of the Apostles has the disciples receive the Holy Spirit as tongues of fire on the Day of the Pentecost.
What missions were given to the 12 disciples?
Their basic mission was to spread the Christian gospel.
Who was the oldest of the 12 disciples?
It is not known who the oldest of the twelve disciples were as their ages are not listed. However, the Apostle John, by tradition, lived the longest. He died somewhere around the end of the first century or the beginning of the second. He was probably somewhere near 100 years old.
What happened to the disciples after jesus ascended?
After Jesus's death, the disciples became the Apostles (a Greek word that means “ones sent forth”) and Judas Iscariot, the betrayer of Jesus, was replaced by Matthias. According to Luke VI 12-13: Jesus “went out into a mountain to pray and continued all night in prayer to God.
What did jesus want his disciples to do?
Jesus wanted his disciples to spread the word of Christianity, his teachings and messages, he wanted to spread the gospel (story).
How did jesus teach the disciples to pray?
Jesus taught them the lords prayer.
Who were the first two disciples of jesus?
The Gospel of Matthew and the Gospel of Mark report the call of the first disciples by the Sea of Galilee: As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, called Peter and his brother Andrew.
What roles and responsibilities did jesus disciples have?
The disciples followed Jesus, helping and learning from him. Good answer but if the person who posted the question is referring to the original twelve apostles/disciples than they were charged with spreading the gospel to every nation and leading the early church.
Where did jesus go to teach his disciples?
- Matthew tells about this event in his Gospel (Matthew 15:38). However, Mark explains it in a much stronger fashion. “Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. “Where did this man get these things?” they asked.
Was jesus last supper with apostles or disciples?
Jesus had the last supper with his 12 disciples.
What did jesus preach to his disciples about?
- Jesus likewise preached righteousness; He preached repentance; he preached kingdom principles, about being a servant, serving one another, loving one another, and being a light amid the darkness. In addition to kingdom principles, He taught His disciples about His Messiahship that all scriptures pointed to Him, and He would fulfil it.
How does jesus help us to be disciples?
- Jesus is giving us a blueprint for discipleship when we see people in our churches begin to receive and respond to the gospel. Furthermore, Jesus helps us understand that the most efficient way to help people become disciples is to effectively preach the Word.
Who are the two disciples that betrayed jesus?
- The truth is that Jesus was betrayed by two of His disciples: Judas and Peter. But there are significant differences between how Peter and Judas betrayed Jesus. They didn't betray Him together.
What did jesus charge his disciples to do?
- Jesus Christ charged his disciples to preach the gospel to all people. Christ sent out his disciples to preach; he also empowered them with the Holy Spirit to prosper in their spiritual activities. The followers of Jesus Christ will perform signs and wonders to bear witness to their gospel evangelism.
Were there any women disciples of jesus christ?
- Certainly, the New Testament Gospels, written toward the last quarter of the first century CE, acknowledge that women were among Jesus' earliest followers. From the beginning, Jewish women disciples, including Mary Magdalene, Joanna, and Susanna, had accompanied Jesus during his ministry and supported him out of their private means (Luke 8:1-3).
Why did jesus teach his disciples to fast?
- But Jesus replied that as long as he is with them his disciples should not fast, but after he is taken away then “they will fast in those days” (Luke 5:35). This is why Jesus also gave them instructions on how to fast for the sake of God (Matthew 6:16-18).
Was joh the baptist one of jesus first disciples?
No. John the baptist was Jesus' cousin but he was never one of Jesus' disciples. John continued calling people to repentance until his imprisonment and death which are early on in the gospel accounts.
What did jesus say to a group of disciples?
- To a group of disciples in the New World, a group anxious to be taught by him and even more anxious because he would soon be leaving them, he asked, “What manner of men ought ye to be?” Then in the same breath he gave this answer: “Even as I am” ( 3 Ne. 27:27 ).
Where did judas lead the disciples to kiss jesus?
- Judas knew that Jesus and the disciples would go to a garden near Jerusalem and led the soldiers there, stating "Whoever it is I kiss, he is the one; take him into custody, and lead him away under guard.” Leading the group into the garden, Judas sees Jesus with his disciples and approaches him.
What did jesus tell his twelve disciples to do?
- Christ sent out his disciples to preach; he also empowered them with the Holy Spirit to prosper in their spiritual activities. The followers of Jesus Christ will perform signs and wonders to bear witness to their gospel evangelism. “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.
What did luke do before he was jesus disciples?
Luke is referred to as a doctor in the Pauline epistle to the Colossian.
Where did jesus meet the disciples after the resurrection?
There are some different answers to this depending on the gospel relied on. The reason for this is that the first New Testament gospel to be written, now known as Mark's Gospel, originally ended at verse 16:8, with no appearances of the risen Jesus. When the authors of Matthew and Luke copied mark's Gospel, they had no guidance from Mark as to what happened next yet, working independent of each other, they both wanted to give their readers proof that Jesus had been raised from the dead. Because of a suggestion about Galilee earlier in Mark, Matthew has Jesus meet the disciples at a mountain in Galilee, where he said farewell and sent them to all nations to teach the gospel. Luke has Jesus meet the eleven at a meal in the upper room, in Jerusalem, then he took them out on the road to Bethany, where he was taken bodily up into heaven.John's Gospel was loosely based on Luke, but the Johannine community appears to have been involved in a minor dispute with a community that followed St Thomas as its patron. In the corresponding meeting, Jesus first met only ten of the disciples (with Thomas absent) and breathed on them, saying (John 20:22), "Receive ye the Holy Ghost." Not only did Thomas miss out on receiving the Holy Spirit (John's author was unaware of the account in Acts of the Apostles), but was shown to be a 'Doubting Thomas' when Jesus met all eleven disciples in the same room eight days later. After the two meetings in the upper room, Jesus met the disciples at the Sea of Galilee.The 'Long Ending' (verses 16:9-20) that we now have on Mark's Gospel more or less agrees with Luke and has Jesus meet the disciples at as meal in the upper room in Jerusalem.
How many disciples did jesus choose from a church?
Jesus chose His disciples to form the foundation of the church with Himself as the chief cornerstone.
Who are the two disciples who saw jesus rise?
- The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.” In Luke 24:13-32, two followers of Jesus are walking from Jerusalem to Emmaus on the Sabbath. Jesus appears, though they do not recognize Him until the end of the account. One disciple is named Cleopas ( Luke 24:18 ), while the second disciple is unnamed.
Who were the three disciples that denied knowing jesus?
Only one did, that was Simon Peter. He denied knowing Jesus three times.
Why did jesus call us to be his disciples?
- Jesus calls us to be children of his Father. He calls us to be his disciples. Because Jesus has a unique role in God’s plan of salvation, he is more than an example. The best mirror we find in the Gospel accounts is not Jesus, but his disciples.
What did mary tell the other disciples about jesus?
- In this excerpt, the other disciples are discouraged and grieving Jesus' death. Mary stands up and attempts to comfort them, reminding them that Jesus' presence remains with them. Peter asks her to tell them the words of Jesus which she remembers.
What did the disciples say to jesus about marriage?
- “The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.” (Matthew 19:10 ESV) Clearly the disciples were not used to hearing this kind of talk about marriage! Divorce was remarkably common in the Roman world and also in the Jewish world in the time of Jesus.
How many disciples did jesus take when he ascended?
According to Mark: Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. He appointed twelve that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach and to have authority to drive out demons.
What did jesus teach his disciples to pray for?
- There is no sinless perfection in this life. Thus, Jesus taught his disciples to pray for forgiveness for their sins. Even the apostles sinned. We can think of Peter’s denial of our Lord (Luke 22:54-62), or his unbiblical concession to the Judaisers, which Paul called a denial of the Gospel (Galatians 2:11-21).
What did jesus tell his disciples on the cross?
- Jesus even taught the disciples the same gospel of the kingdom and told them to tell others to prepare for its coming. As a sign of its imminence, he gave them power to heal the sick: “Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
Why did the disciples worship jesus in the gospels?
- The obvious answer is that Jesus is in fact divine. For Luke, Jesus’ disciples gave him the worship due to God alone, and the fact that they were never reprimanded for their actions (unlike Satan and Cornelius) shows that Luke believed it was legitimate. Simply put, Luke showed the disciples worshipping Jesus because he believed Jesus to be God.
What does jesus tell his disciples to pray for?
- In Luke 22:40 & 46 the disciples are instructed by Jesus to "Pray that you will not fall into temptation". In Luke 10:2 they are told to pray for workers for the Kingdom of God and in Luke 6:28 to "pray for those who ill-treat" them.
What did jesus tell his disciples about the gentiles?
- So Jesus was making a pretty surprising statement to his disciples here… the Kingdom of God would now be shared with the Gentiles who lived on “the other side.” While on their way, the Gospels record that a sudden storm kicked up and the disciples were very scared.
What bad things did the disciples do to jesus?
Peter denied Jesus three times, Judas betrayed Jesus, and they all ran away.
What did jesus tell his disciples about the parables?
Jesus told his disciples that not everyone would understand his parables
Where did jesus say make disciples of all nations?
- Countries or Nations? While the Gospel has gone to every political country in the world, when Jesus commanded His followers to "make disciples of all the nations" in Matthew 28:18-20, He was not referring to political nations such as Canada, Kenya, Russia, etc.
What does jesus teach disciples in gospel of luke?
Who are the disciples in the Gospel of Luke?
- “In Luke’s Gospel, disciples are people who are following Jesus together as their Master and Teacher so that they may all become just like Jesus.” This is discipleship in Luke. It is to follow Jesus, and to help others to do the same thing in the every-day stuff of life!
Where did jesus meet his disciples after his resurrection?
- John records this as the third time Jesus had appeared to a group of disciples following His resurrection (John 21:14). Matthew’s Gospel ends with the risen Jesus meeting the apostles in Galilee (Matthew 28:16-20). Jesus receives worship from His followers.
Why did jesus let his disciples spread the gospel?
- Amen ” (Matthew 28:18-20). From these words of the Lord Jesus, we can see that the Lord Jesus intended to let His disciples and followers spread His gospel in order that all nations and all peoples could receive His redemption.
Why did jesus choose 12 deciples?
Answer Jesus chose 12 disciples as his close followers, but also chose many more. In the gospel accounts we also hear of the '72' that were sent out into the surrounding villages to proclaim Jesus' arrival. The fact is that in Jewish custom 12 was a special number. It is the smallest number divisible by six factors, 1,2,3,4,6 and 12, and symbolised 'perfection'. Therefore we have the 12 tribes of Israel, the 12 discipples of Jesus, the 12 X 12 thousand in heaven (in revelation) and Jesus closest disciples, Peter, James and John (3 of them - one quarter of 12), and the 72 (half of 12 times 12). Therefore, the 12 disciples symbolised a perfect number for Christ's mission on earth. After Jesus' mission ended, there were only 11 disciples of course - as Judas Iscariot had hanged himself. Nevertheless even the disciples themselves saw the need for a 'perfect' number and elected Mathias to take Judas' place.
Who were the 12 disciples and what were their jobs?
- What Were the Professions of the Twelve Apostles? Fishermen. Andrew, Peter, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, worked as fishermen… Tax Collector. Matthew, called Levi in Luke, worked as a tax collector for the Roman government… A Zealot. Simon was known as the Zealot, not strictly a profession, and as a Canaanite… A Thief… The Other Apostles…